The Mary Church Terrell House, built circa 1894 as a duplex structure, is a wood frame house, with brick front exterior walls, that occupies a 2,390 square foot lot. The property’s physical integrity is currently threatened because of its exposure to weather through openings in the roof and windows, which permit water to enter the building that resulted in rotted out floors, damaged walls that have undermined the building’s stability. The earlier demolition of the other half of the structure duplex as a result of a fire, also threatens the building with potential collapse.
Please take a moment to complete the Terrell House Neighborhood Survey.
LeDroit Park Fights for Its Future While Seeking to Preserve Its Past
Terrell House receives National Park Service “Save America’s Treasures” grant.